Filtration capacity 6.5 – 62.0 m3/h
The gravity filter INTERFILT® SK is an open sand filter system for extremely economical water treatment. The filter system operates with differential pressure-controlled backwashing and an integral backwashing water tank.
Economical water treatment with gravity filters - using the gravity of the water alone.
The automatic gravity filter uses the principle of differential pressure and essentially consists of the cylindrical tank, its fittings, the automatic backwashing system with injector, the raw water feed and baffle tube, filter nozzles and filter filling unit
- No controls: The filter needs no moving parts, like valves, flow meter, controller or display equipment, for filtering/backwashing and post-rinsing
- No pumps: The required volume of backwashing water is stored in the storage tank below the filter, making a back-flushing pump redundant.
- No compressed air, pressurised water and electrical energy: The filter controls and performs all processes independently
- No operating personnel: The filter works fully automatically, without external intervention
- No wearing parts: No moving parts – no wear and tear.
Field of application
- Cooling water, partial flow filtration
- River water, process water and potable water treatment
- Removal of iron from well water
- Waste water cleaning to reduce the content of suspended matter, CSB, BSB5 and phosphate (4th cleaning stage)
- Material: Polyethylene PE-HD
- Filter material: Filter sand DIN EN 12904, other filter materials on request
The filter essentially consists of:
- Cylindrical tank
- Automatic backwashing system with injector
- Raw water feed and baffle tank
- Filter nozzles and
- Filter filling unit
Optional additional equipment:
- Cover for cylindrical tank
- Frost protection insulation with supplementary electric heating
- Combined air/water backwashing
- PE-HD backwashing water sump tank
- Other options on request
Type List and Capacity Data
|Type||Filter diameter||Filter capacity||Back wash Water||Weight empty||Weight in operation|
|mm||m3/h||∼ m3||∼ t||∼ t|
|Flow rate:||3 … 10 m/h|
(depending on type and amount of pollutants)
|Approx. 8 … 36 h|
|Head loss:||120 … 150 mbar|
|Clean water solids figure:|
(depending on raw water and filter material)
|0 … 3 mg/l|
|Backwash flow rate::|
|At the start||44 m/h|
|In the middle||37 m/h|
|At the end||30 m/h|
(same for all types)
Depending on filter diameter
|Backwash and refilling time:||13 … 15 min.|
|Filter sand in accordance with EN 12904|
|– Height of bed||600 mm|
|– Grain size range||0.71 … 1.25 mm|
|– Type||Lamellar nozzle|
|– Slot width||0.2 mm|
As system components are produced individually according to application, we will inform you of prices on request.
We reserve the right to change components and their construction, as long as these do not affect their performance or function.
Downloads for Gravity Filters
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.