Gravity filter INTERFILT® SK
Filtration capacity 6.5 – 62.0 m3/h
The gravity filter INTERFILT SK is an open sand filter system for extremely economical water treatment. The filter system operates with differential pressure-controlled backflushing and an integrated backflushing water tank.
Economical water treatment with gravity filters - using the gravity of the water alone.
The automatic gravity filter uses the principle of differential pressure and essentially consists of the cylindrical tank, its fittings, the automatic backwashing system with injector, the raw water feed and baffle tube, filter nozzles and filter filling unit
- No controls: The filter needs no moving parts, like valves, flow meter, controller or display equipment, for filtering/backwashing and post-rinsing
- No pumps: The required volume of backwashing water is stored in the storage tank below the filter, making a back-flushing pump redundant.
- No compressed air, pressurised water and electrical energy: The filter controls and performs all processes independently
- No operating personnel: The filter works fully automatically, without external intervention
- No wearing parts: No moving parts – no wear and tear.
Field of application
- Cooling water, partial flow filtration
- River water, process water and potable water treatment
- Removal of iron from well water
- Waste water cleaning to reduce the content of suspended matter, CSB, BSB5 and phosphate (4th cleaning stage)
- Material: Polyethylene PE-HD
- Filter material: Filter sand DIN EN 12904, other filter materials on request
The filter essentially consists of:
- Cylindrical tank
- Automatic backwashing system with injector
- Raw water feed and baffle tank
- Filter nozzles and
- Filter filling unit
Type List and Capacity Data
Back wash Water
Weight in operation
|Flow speed:||3 … 10 m/h|
|Backflushing interval: (depending on the type and quantity of dirt)||approx. 8 … 36 h|
|Pressure loss:||120 … 150 mbar|
|Ultra-pure water solids values: (depending on raw water and filter medium)||0 … 3 mg/l|
|Speed of backflushing:|
|At start||44 m/h|
|Half way through||37 m/h|
|At end||30 m/h|
|Cylinder height: (same for all types)||4,500 mm|
|Overall height: (depending on filter diameter)||6,500 mm|
|Backflushing and refill time:||13 … 15 min.|
|Filter sand as per DIN EN 12904|
|– Layer height||600 mm|
|– Grain size||0.71 … 1.25 mm|
|– Type||Lamellar nozzle|
|– Gap width||0.2 mm|
As system components are produced individually according to application, we will inform you of prices on request.
We reserve the right to change components and their construction, as long as these do not affect their performance or function.
Downloads for Gravity filter INTERFILT® SK
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.