Capacity range 182 – 1,040 l/h, 12 – 4 bar
The motor-driven diaphragm metering pump Sigma/ 3 Control guarantees excellent process reliability, thanks to its patented multi-layer safety diaphragm. Intelligent features, such as removable operating unit and adjustable metering profiles, as well as a variety of power end and control configurations, enable the versatile use of this pump.
The intelligent pump for safe and reliable use in many applications
The Sigma/ 3 Control diaphragm metering pump together with pumps of type Sigma/ 1 Control and Sigma/ 2 Control represent an integrated product range. They cover the capacity range from 17 to 1,040 l/h. The entire Sigma Control product range is equipped with intelligent features to provide a high level of operating convenience, safety and efficiency. The pump product range has a removable operating unit and adjustable metering profiles Metering profiles guarantee optimum metering results by adapting the metering behaviour of the ... more in the glossary to ensure optimum metering results.
Excellent process safety and reliability:
- In the event of an accident, the feed chemical does not escape to the outside nor into the pump's power end, thanks to the patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical (optionally electric) signalling
- Integrated overload shut-down in the pump control to protect the pump from overloading and thus significantly reduced pressure surges caused by blockages. new
- Integrated relief valve protects the pump against overloading and bleed option during the suction process ensures reliable operation
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- Detachable operating unit with large illuminated LC display for outstanding user convenience
- Metering profiles for optimum metering results
- The entire Sigma product range is available as standard in a "Physiologically safe in respect of wetted materials" design and with electro-polished stainless steel dosing head and EHEDG certification for applications with strict hygiene requirements
Field of application
- Volume-proportional addition of chemicals in water treatment, e.g. sodium-calcium hypochlorite for the disinfection of potable water
- Neutralisation in waste water treatment
- Time-controlled addition of chemicals in the cooling water circuit
- Pulse-controlled metering in the bottling of different volumes e.g. glycerin filling of manometers
- Stroke length: 6 mm
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100%
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 1% increments (optionally with actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 2% in the 30 – 100% stroke length adjustment range under defined conditions and with correct installation
- Wetted materials: PVDF, stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials on request
- Patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical diaphragm rupture display (optionally with diaphragm rupture warning system via a contact)
- Integrated hydraulic relief and bleed valve
- Removable operating unit with large illuminated LC display
- Metering profiles for optimum metering results
- Degree of protection IP 65
- Highly rigid fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing with excellent chemical resistance
- For reasons of safety, provide suitable overload protection mechanisms in all mechanically deflected diaphragm metering pumps.
Detachable Operating Unit (HMI)
The operating unit (HMI) can be attached directly to the metering pump or mounted on the wall alongside the pump. This provides the operator with a range of options for the integration of a metering system in the overall system that it is readily accessible and easy to use. Moreover the removable operating unit offers additional protection against unauthorised operation of the metering pump or against modification of the pump settings. The operating unit can, for example, be completely removed for project applications.
Individual functions of the metering pump can be easily selected and adjusted with five program keys. An illuminated LCD display provides information about the relevant operating status. LEDs on the operating unit and the control unit indicate the active pump functions or the pump status.
The distinguishing feature of the new Sigma product range is its automatic overload shut-down to protect the pump. The motion and speed profiles are detected and evaluated together with the energy demand. This data enables the energy supply to be limited to the amount of energy actually needed. In addition, an analysis of the energy requirement leads to automatic monitoring of the metering pump in the event of an overload situation. This facilitates the internal overload shut-down, offering additional protection for the motor driven metering pump.
Metering profiles guarantee optimum metering results by adapting the metering behaviour of the metering pump to the application or chemical used.
The stroke motion of the displacement body is continually recorded and regulated so that the stroke is made in line with the desired metering profile. The pump can be operated in normal mode (Diagram 1), with optimised discharge stroke (Diagram 2) or with optimised suction stroke (Diagram 3). Three typical metering profiles are shown schematically with the behaviour over time.
In normal operating mode, the time behaviour for the suction stroke and the discharge stroke is similar (Diagram 1). In the mode with optimised discharge stroke (Diagram 2), the discharge stroke is lengthened while the suction stroke is made as quickly as possible. This set-up is suited to applications which require optimum mixing and as continuous a mixing of chemicals as possible, for example.
In the mode with the optimised suction stroke (diagram 3), the suction stroke is carried out as slowly as possible, permitting precise and trouble-free metering of viscous and gaseous media. Select this setting to minimise the NPSH value as well.
"Physiologically Safe (FDA) in Respect of Wetted Materials" Version
All wetted materials in the "Physiologically safe (FDA) in respect of wetted materials" design comply with the FDA guidelines.
- Material PTFE: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.1550
- Material PVDF: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.2510
Available for material version PVT and SST.
Identity code example: S1CbH07042PVTS01 F UA10S0DE
|Type S3Cb||Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate||Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Suction lift||Perm. pre-pressure suction side||Connection, suction/discharge side||Shipping weight|
|120145 PVT||10||182||33.7||90||145||48.0||5||2||1 1/2–25||22|
|120145 SST||12||182||33.7||90||174||48.0||5||2||1 1/2–25||26|
|120190 PVT||10||243||33.7||120||145||64.1||5||2||1 1/2–25||22|
|120190 SST||12||243||33.7||120||174||64.1||5||2||1 1/2–25||26|
|120270 PVT||10||365||33.8||180||145||96.4||5||2||1 1/2–25||22|
|120270 SST||12||365||33.8||180||174||96.4||5||2||1 1/2–25||26|
Materials in Contact With the Medium
|DN 25 ball valves||DN 32 plate valves|
|Material||Suction/pressure connector on the dosing head||Seals||Valve balls||Valve seats||Seals||Valve plates/valve springs||Valve seats||Integral relief valve|
|PVT||PVDF||PTFE||Glass||PTFE**||PTFE||Ceramic/ Hast C. + CTFE*||PTFE||PVDF/FKM or EPDM|
|SST||Stainless steel 1.4581||PTFE||Stainless steel 1.4404||PTFE**||PTFE||Stainless steel 1.4404/ Hast. C||PTFE||Stainless steel/FKM or EPDM|
|* The valve spring is coated with CTFE (resistance similar to PTFE)|
|** The ball seat is made of PVDF on design "F"|
|Identity code specification||Power supply||Remarks|
|U||1-phase, IP 65||100 – 230 V ±10 % / 240 V ±6 %||50/60 Hz||420 W|
Downloads for Motor Driven Metering Pump Sigma/ 3 (Control Type)
load more of