Capacity range of single pump: 1,540 – 4,000 l/h, 4 bar
The diaphragm metering pump Makro/ 5 is used to meter reactants and catalysts in the chemical industry. Thanks to its modular construction, it can adapt outstandingly to the actual requirements of each application.
It is not possible to do more with a mechanically deflected diaphragm
The diaphragm metering pump Makro/ 5 (M5Ma) together with the Makro/ 5 hydraulic diaphragm and plunger metering pumps form a range of drive mechanisms with stroke lengths of 20 and/or 50 mm. This covers the capacity range from 38 to 6,000 l/h at 320 – 4 bar. A wide range of drive versions is available, including some for use in Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 2% within the 30-100% stroke length range under defined conditions and with correct installation.
- The modular construction with single and double head versions permits a wide range of applications, with the double head designs being operated in push-pull mode
- It is possible to combine up to 4 metering units, even with different pump capacities, in multiple pump systems
- 5 different gear ratios are available
- Customised designs are available on request
Field of application
- Volume-proportional metering of chemicals/additives in water treatment
- Metering of reactants and catalysts in the chemical industry
- Level-dependent metering of additives in industrial production engineering
- Stroke length: 0-20 mm, Rod force: 10,000 N
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100 %
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by means of a manual adjustment wheel and scaled display in 0.5% increments (optionally with electric actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 2% within the 30 – 100% stroke length range under defined conditions and with correct installation. Observe the information in the operating instructions
- Wetted materials: Polypropylene, PVC, PTFE+25% carbon, stainless steel 1.4571, special materials are available on request
- A wide range of power end versions is available: three-phase standard motors, motors for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors
- Degree of protection: IP 55
- Salt water-resistant, acrylic resin-coated cast iron housing
- For reasons of safety, provide suitable overload protection mechanisms during the installation of all mechanically deflected diaphragm metering pumps
|Type M5Ma||With 1500 rpm motor at 50 Hz||With 1800 rpm motor at 60 Hz||Suction lift||Connection, suction/discharge side||Shipping weight|
|Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate||Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate|
|bar||l/h||ml/stroke||Strokes/min||psi||l/h||gph (US)||Strokes/min||m WC||G–DN||kg|
Stainless steel version: Shipping weight 340 kg
The permissible admission pressure on the intake side is approx. 50% of the maximum permissible back pressure.
Materials in Contact With the Medium
|DN 50 plate valves|
|Liquid end||Suction/discharge valve||Seals||Valve plates/valve spring||Valve seats|
|PPT||Polypropylene||Polypropylene||PTFE||Ceramic/ Hast. C + CTFE**||PTFE|
|PCT||PVC||PVC||PTFE||Ceramic/ Hast. C + CTFE**||PTFE|
|TTT||PTFE with carbon||PTFE with carbon||PTFE||Ceramic/ Hast. C + CTFE**||PTFE|
|SST||Stainless steel mat. no. 1.4571/1.4404||Stainless steel mat. no. 1.4571/1.4404||PTFE||Stainless steel mat. no. 1.4404/Hast. C||PTFE|
|DEVELOPAN® metering diaphragm with PTFE coating.|
|**||The valve spring is coated with CTFE (similar to PTFE)|
|Special versions on request.|
|Identity code specification||Power supply||Remarks|
|S||3 ph, IP 55||220-240 V/380-420 V|
250-280 V/440-480 V
|R||3 ph, IP 55||230 V/400 V||50/60 Hz||3 kW||With PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|L1||3 ph, II2GEExellT3||220-240 V/380-420 V||50 Hz||3.6 kW|
|L2||3 ph, II2GEExdllCT4||220-240 V/380-420 V||50 Hz||4 kW||With PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|P1||3 ph, II2GEExellT3||250-280 V/440-480 V||60 Hz||3.6 kW|
|P2||3 ph, II2GEExdllCT4||250-280 V/440-480 V||60 Hz||4 kW||With PTC, speed control range 1:5|
Motor data sheets can be requested for more information. Motors for Sigma basic pumps, special motors or special motor flanges are available on request.
The motors are designed in compliance with the Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC.
Information for use in areas at risk from explosion
Only use pumps with the appropriate labelling in line with the ATEX Directive 94/9/EC in premises at risk from explosion. Ensure that the explosion group, category and degree of protection specified on the label corresponds to or is better than the conditions prevalent in the intended field of application.
Downloads for Diaphragm Metering Pump Makro/ 5
load more of