Capacity range 2 – 76 l/h, 320 – 12 bar
The plunger metering pump Sigma/ 2 (Basic Type) is an extremely robust plunger metering pump with high-performance plunger and the option to adjust the pump capacity in 0.2% increments. It offers a wide range of power end versions, such as three-phase or 1-phase AC motors, even for Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
Sigma plunger pump – durable and high-performance
The plunger metering pump Sigma/ 2 (Basic Type) (SBKa) is a metering pump, the pump capacity of which can be precisely adjusted in 0.2% increments, either manually or optionally with an electric actuator An actuator is used to move the adjustment spindle for the stroke length adjustment of a ... more in the glossary or control drive. A wide range of drive versions is available, including some for use in Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
Excellent process safety and reliability:
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 1% within the 10 – 100% stroke length range under defined conditions and with correct installation
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- Wide range of power end versions, also for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for the use of customised motors
- Customised designs are available on request
Field of application
- Volume-proportional metering of chemicals in the treatment of boiler feed water
- Metering of reactants and catalysts in the chemical industry
- Level-dependent metering of auxiliary agents in industrial production engineering, for instance hot wax metering in the production of adhesive strips
- Stroke length: 15 mm
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100%
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 0.2% increments (optionally with electric actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 1% within the 10-100% stroke length adjustment range under certain defined conditions and with proper installation
- Wetted materials: Stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials are available on request
- High-performance oxide ceramic plunger
- A wide range of power end versions is available: Three-phase standard motor, 1-phase AC motor, motors for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors
- Degree of protection IP 55
- Highly rigid fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing with excellent chemical resistance
- Provide suitable overload protection in all plunger metering pumps during installation for safety reasons
Sigma Basic Type Control Functions
Stroke length actuator/controller
Actuator for automatic stroke length adjustment, actuating period approx. 1 sec for 1% stroke length, 1 kΩ response signal potentiometer, enclosure rating IP 54.
Controller consists of actuator with servomotor and integrated servo control for stroke length adjustment via a standard signal. Standard signal input 0/4-20 mA corresponds to stroke length 0 - 100%. Automatic/manual operation selection key for manual stroke adjustment. Mechanical status display of actual stroke length value output 0/4-20 mA for remote display.
Variable speed motors with integrated speed controller (identity code specification V)
Power supply 1 ph 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.37 kW.
External control with 0/4-20 mA (see pk_2_103)
Speed controllers in metal housing (identity code specification Z)
The speed controller assembly consists of a frequency converter and a variable speed motor of 0.37 kW.
|Type SBKa||With 1500 rpm motor at 50 Hz||With 1800 rpm motor at 60 Hz||Suction lift||Perm. pre-pressure suction side||Connector Suction/Discharge Side||Shipping weight||Plunger Ø|
|Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate||Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate|
|bar||l/h||ml/stroke||Strokes/min||psi||l/h||gph (US)||Strokes/min||m WC||bar||Rp-DN||kg||mm|
Materials in Contact With the Medium
|Material||Dosing head||Suction/pressure connector||Seals/ball seat||Balls||Ball seat|
|SST||Stainless steel 1.4404||Stainless steel 1.4404||PTFE or||Ceramic||Stainless steel 1.4404|
|PTFE +25% carbon|
|Identity code specification||Power supply||Remarks|
|S||3 ph, IP 55||220-240 V/380-420 V|
250-280 V/440-480 V
|R||3 ph, IP 55||230 V/400 V||50/60 Hz||0.37 kW||with PTC, speed adjustment range 1:20 with external fan 1 ph 230 V; 50/60Hz|
|V0||1 ph, IP 55||230 V ±5%||50/60 Hz||0.37 kW||Variable speed motor with integrated frequency converter|
|M||1 ph AC, IP 55||230 V ±5%||50/60 Hz||0.18 kW|
|N||1 ph AC, IP 55||115 V ±5%||60 Hz||0.18 kW|
|L1||3 ph, II2GEExellT3||220-240 V/380-420 V||50 Hz||0.18 kW|
|L2||3 ph, II2GEExdllCT4||220-240 V/380-420 V||50 Hz||0.18 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|P1||3 ph, II2GEExellT3||250-280 V/440-480 V||60 Hz||0.18 kW|
|P2||3 ph, II2GEExdllCT4||250-280 V/440-480 V||60 Hz||0.21 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|Motor data sheets can be requested for more information.|
|Special motors or special motor flanges are possible on request.|
The motors are designed in compliance with the Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC.
Information for use in areas at risk from explosion
Only use pumps with the appropriate labelling in line with the ATEX Directive 94/9/EC in premises at risk from explosion. Ensure that the explosion group, category and degree of protection specified on the label corresponds to or is better than the conditions prevalent in the intended field of application.
Downloads for Plunger Metering Pump Sigma/ 2 (Basic Type)
load more of