Motor-Driven Metering Pump Sigma/ 2 (Basic Type)
Capacity range 50 – 420 l/h, 16 – 4 bar
Robust motor-driven metering pumps like the Sigma/ 2 Basic guarantee excellent process reliability with their patented multi-layer safety diaphragm. The diaphragm metering pump offers a number of power end versions, also suitable for use in areas at risk from explosion.
The robust pump for safe and reliable use.
The Sigma/ 2 diaphragm metering pump, together with pumps of type Sigma/ 1 and Sigma/ 3, represents an integrated product range. They cover the capacity range from 17 to 1,030 l/h, with a consistent operating concept, control concept and spare parts management. A wide range of power end versions is available, including some for use in ATEX areas.
Excellent process reliability:
- In the event of an accident, the feed chemical does not escape to the outside nor into the pump's power end, thanks to the patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical (optionally electric) signalling
- Integrated relief valve protects the pump against overloading
- Reliable operation by bleed option during the suction process
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- The Sigma product range is available as standard in the "Physiologically safe in respect of wetted materials" “F” design.
- Metering pumps with electro-polished stainless steel metering head enable them to be used in hygienically challenging applications
- Wide range of power end versions, also for use in areas at risk from explosion, and different flange designs for the use of customised motors
Field of application
- Volume-proportional addition of chemicals in water treatment, e.g. sodium-calcium hypochlorite for the disinfection of potable water
- Addition of chemicals depending on the measured value, e.g. metering of acid and alkali for pH neutralisation in waste water treatment
- Time-controlled addition of chemicals in the cooling water circuit
- Pulse-controlled metering in the bottling of different volumes e.g. glycerin filling of manometers
- Stroke length: 5 mm,
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100%
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 1 % increments (optionally with actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 2% in the 30 – 100 % stroke length adjustment range under defined conditions and with correct installation.
- Wetted materials: PVDF, stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials on request
- Patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical diaphragm rupture display (optionally with diaphragm rupture warning system via a contact)
- Integrated hydraulic relief and bleed valve
- A wide range of power end versions is available: Three-phase standard motor, 1-phase AC motor, motors for use in areas at risk from explosion and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors
- For areas at risk from explosion II 2G Ex h IIC T3 Gb X or II 2G Ex h IIC T4 Gb X (optional)
- Degree of protection IP 55
- Highly rigid fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing with excellent chemical resistance
- For reasons of safety, provide suitable overload protection mechanisms when installing all mechanically deflected diaphragm metering pumps.
Sigma Basic Type Control Functions (S2Ba)
Stroke length actuator/controller
Actuator:Electronically regulated actuator with contactless position detection for automatic stroke length adjustment, actuating period approx. 1 second for 1% stroke length, return potentiometer 1 kΩ, degree of protection IP 65.
Control drive: Electronically regulated actuator with position detection, with no contact with the media, consisting of an actuator and integral servo controller for stroke length adjustment via a standard signal. Standard current input 0/4-20 mA corresponds to stroke length 0 – 100%, switch-over for manual /automatic operation, stroke adjustment in manual mode, electronic stroke length position display, wide-range voltage power unit 85 - 265 V 50/60 Hz, degree of protection Ip65, actual value output 0/4-20 mA for remote display.
Speed controllers with frequency converter (identity code specification Z)
The speed controller assembly consists of a frequency converter and a variable speed motor of 0.37 kW.
"Physiologically safe” designs in respect to wetted sealing material
Wetted materials in the “FDA” (F) version comply with the FDA Guidelines.
FDA Guidelines: Material PTFE: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.1550, material PVDF: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.2510
Available for pump design plastic (PV) and stainless steel (SS)
Identity code example: S2BaHM07220PV F S000S000
EU Regulation 1935/2004
Sealing materials in accordance with Regulation (EC) 1935/2004 are available in the stainless steel material version “Physiologically safe for wetted material in accordance with Regulation (EC) 1935/2004”.
Available for stainless steel (SS) pump design.
Dosing heads with a hygienic design are available on request for hygienically demanding applications.
|Type S2Ba||With 1500 rpm motor at 50 Hz||With 1800 rpm motor at 60 Hz||Suction lift||Perm. pre-pressure suction side||Connection suction/discharge side||Shipping weight|
|Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate||Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate|
|bar||l/h||ml/stroke||Strokes/min||psi||l/h/gph (US)||Strokes/min||m WC||bar||G–DN||kg|
|07120 PVT||7||126||27.4||73||102||150.0/39.6||87||5||1||1 1/2–25*||16|
|07120 SST||7||126||27.4||73||102||150.0/39.6||87||5||1||1 1/2–25*||24|
|07220 PVT||7||220||27.7||132||102||264.0/69.7||158||5||1||1 1/2–25*||16|
|07220 SST||7||220||27.7||132||102||264.0/69.7||158||5||1||1 1/2–25*||24|
|04350 PVT||4||350||29.4||198||58||420.0/110.9||238||5||1||1 1/2–25*||16|
|04350 SST||4||350||29.4||198||58||420.0/110.9||238||5||1||1 1/2–25*||24|
Performance data for TTT, see type PVT
|*||With Sigma types 07120, 07220 and 04350, the dosing head is fitted with DN 25 (G 1 1/2) valves. As DN 20 is generally sufficient for these types of pipes (see technical data, suction/discharge side connector), the connector parts that can be ordered under the identity code (e.g. inserts) are already reduced to DN 20, i.e. piping and accessories can be installed in DN 20.|
Materials in Contact With the Medium
|Material||Dosing head||Suction/pressure connector||Seals/ball seat||Balls||Integral relief valve|
|PVT||PVDF||PVDF||PTFE/PTFE||Ceramic/glass*||PVDF/FKM or EPDM|
|SST||Stainless steel 1.4404||Stainless steel 1.4581||PTFE/PTFE||Stainless steel 1.4404||Stainless steel/FKM or EPDM|
|TTT**||PTFE + 25% carbon||PTFE + 25% carbon||PTFE/PTFE||Ceramic/glass*||–|
|* with 07120, 07220, 04350|
|** specifically for areas at risk from explosion|
Sealing material “F“ - "FDA" ball seat version: PVDF
Sealing material “G” - (EC) Regulation 1935/2004" ball seat version: 1.4404
|Identity code specification||Power supply||Δ/Y||Remarks|
|S||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V|
220 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|T||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V|
220 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|0.25 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|R||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.37 kW||with PTC, speed adjustment range 1:20 with external fan (1-phase 230 V; 50/60Hz, 134 W)|
|M||1-phase AC, IP 55||230 V ± 5 %||50/60 Hz||0.18 kW|
|N||1-phase AC, IP 55||115 V ± 5 %||60 Hz||0.18 kW|
|L1||3-phase, II2GExellT3||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.18 kW|
|L2||3-phase, II2GExdllCT4||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.18 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|P1||3-phase, II2GExellT3||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.18 kW|
|P2||3-phase, II2GExdllCT4||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.21 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
Motor data sheets can be requested for more information. Special motors or special motor flanges are available on request.
Motors for Sigma basic pumps are available on request.
Motors less than 0.75 kW and motors designed for speed-controllable operation are not subject to the IE3 standard in compliance with the Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC.
Information for use in areas at risk from explosion
Only use pumps with the appropriate labelling in line with the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU in premises at risk from explosion. Ensure that the explosion group, category and degree of protection specified on the label corresponds to or is better than the conditions prevalent in the intended field of application.
Downloads for Motor-Driven Metering Pump Sigma/ 2 (Basic Type)
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.