Capacity range 146 – 1,030 l/h, 12 – 4 bar
The patented multi-layer safety diaphragm for excellent process safety and reliability is just one feature of the extremely robust motor-driven diaphragm metering pump Sigma/ 3 Basic. It also offers a wide range of power end versions, such as three-phase or 1-phase AC motors, even for Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
The robust pump for safe and reliable use
The Sigma/ 3 diaphragm metering pump together with pumps of type Sigma/ 1 and Sigma/ 2 represent an integrated product range. They cover the capacity range from 17 to 1,030 l/h, with a consistent operating concept, control concept and spare parts management. A wide range of drive versions is available, including some for use in Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
Excellent process safety and reliability:
- In the event of an accident, the feed chemical does not escape to the outside nor into the pump's power end, thanks to the patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical (optionally electric) signalling
- Integrated relief valve protects the pump against overloading
- Reliable operation by bleed option during the suction process
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- The entire Sigma product range is available as standard in a "Physiologically safe in respect of wetted materials" design.
- Metering pumps with electro-polished stainless steel metering head and EHEDG certification enable them to be used in hygienically challenging applications
- Wide range of power end versions, also for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for the use of customised motors
Field of application
- Volume-proportional addition of chemicals in water treatment, e.g. sodium-calcium hypochlorite for the disinfection of potable water
- Addition of chemicals depending on the measured value, e.g. metering of acid and alkali for pH neutralisation in waste water treatment
- Time-controlled addition of chemicals in the cooling water circuit
- Pulse-controlled metering in the bottling of different volumes e.g. glycerin filling of manometers
- Stroke length: 6 mm,
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100%
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 1% increments (optionally with actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 2% with a 30-100% stroke length adjustment range under certain defined conditions and with proper installation.
- Wetted materials: PVDF, stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials on request
- Patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical diaphragm rupture display (optionally with diaphragm rupture warning system via a contact)
- Integrated hydraulic relief and bleed valve
- A wide range of power end versions is available: Three-phase standard motor, 1-phase AC motor, motors for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors
- Degree of protection IP 55 (optionally II2GEExeIIT3, II2GEExdIICT4)
- Highly rigid fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing with excellent chemical resistance
- For reasons of safety, provide suitable overload protection mechanisms in all mechanically deflected diaphragm metering pumps.
Sigma Basic Type Control Functions (S3Ba)
Stroke length actuator/controller
Actuator with stroke positioning motor for automatic stroke length adjustment. Setting time approx. 1 sec for 1 % stroke length. Resistance potentiometer 1 kΩ. Enclosure rating IP 54.
Controller consisting of actuator with stroke positioning motor and in-built follower for stroke length adjustment via a standard signal. Standard signal current input 0/4-20 mA corresponds to stroke length 0 - 100%. Can be switched between manual and automatic operation, key switch for stroke adjustment for manual operation. Mechanical status display of actual stroke length value output 0/4-20 mA for remote display.
Speed controllers in metal housing (identity code characteristic Z)
The speed controller assembly consists of a speed controller and a 0.55 kW variable speed motor.
"Physiologically safe (FDA) in respect of wetted materials" design “F”
All wetted materials in the "Physiologically safe (FDA) in respect of wetted materials" design comply with the FDA guidelines (Version F).
- Material PTFE: FDA-No. 21 CFR § 177.1550
- Material PVDF: FDA-No. 21 CFR § 177.2510
Available for material version PV and SS and DN 25 ball valve.
Identity code example: S3BaH120330PV F S000S000
|Type S3Ba||With 1500 rpm motor at 50 Hz||With 1800 rpm motor at 60 Hz||Perm. pre-pressure suction side||Suction lift||Connection, suction/discharge side||Shipping weight|
|Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate||Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate|
|bar||l/h||ml/stroke||Strokes/min||psi||l/h/gph (US)||Strokes/min||bar||m WC||G–DN||kg|
|120145 PVT||10||146||33.7||72||145||174/45.9||86||2||5||1 1/2–25||22|
|120145 SST||12||146||33.7||72||174||174/45.9||86||2||5||1 1/2–25||26|
|120190 PVT||10||208||33.7||103||145||251/66.3||124||2||5||1 1/2–25||22|
|120190 SST||12||208||33.7||103||174||251/66.3||124||2||5||1 1/2–25||26|
|120270 PVT||10||292||33.8||144||145||351/92.7||173||2||5||1 1/2–25||22|
|120270 SST||12||292||33.8||144||174||351/92.7||173||2||5||1 1/2–25||26|
|120330 PVT*||10||365||33.8||180||–||–||2||5||1 1/2–25||22|
|120330 SST*||12||365||33.8||180||–||–||2||5||1 1/2–25||26|
Performance data for TTT, see type PVT
* only available for 50 Hz.
** DN32 plate valves with valve spring
Materials in Contact With the Medium
|DN 25 ball valves||DN 32 plate valves|
|Material||Seals||Suction/pressure connector on dosing head||Valve balls||Valve seats||Suction/pressure connector on dosing head||Valve plates/valve springs||Valve seats||Integral relief valve|
|PVT||PTFE||PVDF||Glass||PTFE**||PVDF||Ceramic/ Hast C. + CTFE*||PTFE||PVDF/FKM or EPDM|
|SST||PTFE||Stainless steel 1.4581||Stainless steel 1.4404||PTFE**||Stainless steel 1.4581||Stainless steel 1.4404/ Hast. C||PTFE||Stainless steel/FKM or EPDM|
|TTT***||PTFE||PTFE + 25% carbon||Ceramic||PTFE**||PVDF||Ceramic/ Hast C. + CTFE*||PTFE||–|
|*||The valve spring is coated with CTFE (resistance similar to PTFE)|
|**||On design "F", the ball seat is made of PVDF, only for DN 25 ball valves|
|***||Specifically for areas at risk from explosion DN25: PTFE + 25% carbon; DN32 plate valves: PVDF|
|Identity code specification||Power supply||Δ/Y||Remarks|
|S||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V|
250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|T||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V|
250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|0.37 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|R||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.55 kW||with PTC, speed adjustment range 1:20 with external fan 1-phase 230 V; 50/60 Hz|
|M||1-phase AC, IP 55||230 V ± 5 %||50/60 Hz||0.55 kW|
|N||1-phase AC, IP 55||115 V ± 5 %||60 Hz||0.55 kW|
|L1||3-phase, II2GEExellT3||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.37 kW|
|L2||3-phase, II2GEExdllCT4||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.37 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|P1||3-phase, II2GEExellT3||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.37 kW|
|P2||3-phase, II2GEExdllCT4||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.37 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|V2||3-phase, II2GEExdllCT4||400 V ± 10 %||50/60 Hz||0.55 kW||Ex-variable speed motor with integrated frequency converter. Mains feed: 3-phase + neutral + earth, adjustment range 1:10|
Motor data sheets can be requested for more information. Motors for Sigma basic pumps, special motors or special motor flanges are available on request.
Motors less than 0.75 kW and motors designed for speed-controllable operation are not subject to the IE3 standard in compliance with the Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC.
Information for use in areas at risk from explosion
Only use pumps with the appropriate labelling in line with the ATEX Directive 94/9/EC in premises at risk from explosion. Ensure that the explosion group, category and degree of protection specified on the label corresponds to or is better than the conditions prevalent in the intended field of application.
Downloads for Motor-Driven Metering Pump Sigma/ 3 (Basic Type)
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.