Motor-Driven Metering Pump Sigma/ 3 (Basic Type)
Capacity range 146 – 1,030 l/h, 12 – 4 bar
The patented multi-layer safety diaphragm for excellent process reliability is just one feature of the extremely robust motor-driven metering pump Sigma/3 Basic. It also offers a wide range of power end versions, such as three-phase or 1-phase AC motors, also for use in ATEX areas.
The robust pump for safe and reliable use
The Sigma/ 3 diaphragm metering pump together with pumps of type Sigma/ 1 and Sigma/ 2 represent an integrated product range. They cover the capacity range from 17 to 1,030 l/h, with a consistent operating concept, control concept and spare parts management. A wide range of power end versions is available, including some for use in areas at risk from explosion.
Excellent process reliability:
- In the event of an accident, the feed chemical does not escape to the outside nor into the pump's power end, thanks to the patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical (optionally electric) signalling
- Integrated relief valve protects the pump against overloading
- Reliable operation by bleed option during the suction process
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- The entire Sigma product range is available as standard in a "Physiologically safe in respect of wetted materials" design.
- Metering pumps with electro-polished stainless steel metering head enable them to be used in hygienically challenging applications
- Wide range of power end versions, also for use in areas at risk from explosion, and different flange designs for the use of customised motors
Field of application
- Volume-proportional addition of chemicals in water treatment, e.g. sodium-calcium hypochlorite for the disinfection of potable water
- Addition of chemicals depending on the measured value, e.g. metering of acid and alkali for pH neutralisation in waste water treatment
- Time-controlled addition of chemicals in the cooling water circuit
- Pulse-controlled metering in the bottling of different volumes e.g. glycerin filling of manometers
- Stroke length: 6 mm,
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100%
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 1 % increments (optionally with actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 2% in the 30 – 100 % stroke length adjustment range under defined conditions and with correct installation.
- Wetted materials: PVDF, stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials on request
- Patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical diaphragm rupture display (optionally with diaphragm rupture warning system via a contact)
- Integrated hydraulic relief and bleed valve
- A wide range of power end versions is available: Three-phase standard motor, 1-phase AC motor, motors for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors
- For areas at risk from explosion II 2G Ex h IIC T3 Gb X or II 2G Ex h IIC T4 Gb X (optional)
- Degree of protection IP 55
- Highly rigid fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing with excellent chemical resistance
- For reasons of safety, provide suitable overload protection mechanisms when installing all mechanically deflected diaphragm metering pumps.
Sigma Basic Type Control Functions (S3Ba)
Stroke length actuator/controller
Actuator: Electronically regulated actuator with contactless position detection for automatic stroke length adjustment, actuating period approx. 1 second for 1% stroke length, return potentiometer 1 kOhm, degree of protection IP 65.
Control drive: Electronically regulated actuated with position detection, with no contact with the media, consisting of an actuator and integral servo controller for stroke length adjustment via a standard signal. Standard signal current input 0/4-20 mA corresponds to stroke length 0 - 100 %. Switch-over for manual /automatic operation, stroke adjustment in manual mode, electronic position display of stroke length, wide-range voltage power unit 85 - 265 V 50/60 Hz, degree of protection Ip65, actual value output 0/4-20 mA for remote display.
Speed controllers in metal housing (identity code characteristic Z)
The speed controller assembly consists of a speed controller and a 0.55 kW variable speed motor.
"Physiologically safe” designs in respect to wetted sealing material for pump type: DN25 - 120145, 120190, 120270
Wetted materials in the “FDA” (F) version comply with the FDA Guidelines.
FDA Guidelines: Material PTFE: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.1550, material PVDF: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.2510
Available for pump design plastic (PV) and stainless steel (SS) and DN 25 ball valve.
Identity code example: S3BaH120330PV F S000S000
EU Regulation 1935/2004
Sealing materials in accordance with Regulation (EC) 1935/2004 are available in the stainless steel material version “Physiologically safe for wetted material in accordance with Regulation (EC) 1935/2004”.
Available for pump design stainless steel (SS) and DN 25 ball valves.
Dosing heads with a hygienic design are available on request for hygienically demanding applications.
|Type S3Ba||With 1500 rpm motor at 50 Hz||With 1800 rpm motor at 60 Hz||Suction lift||Perm. pre-pressure suction side||Connection, suction/discharge side||Shipping weight|
|Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate||Delivery rate at max. back pressure||Max. stroke rate|
|bar||l/h||ml/stroke||Strokes/min||psi||l/h/gph (US)||Strokes/min||m WC||bar||G–DN||kg|
|120145 PVT||10||146||33.7||72||145||174/45.9||86||5||2||1 1/2–25||22|
|120145 SST||12||146||33.7||72||174||174/45.9||86||5||2||1 1/2–25||26|
|120190 PVT||10||208||33.7||103||145||251/66.3||124||5||2||1 1/2–25||22|
|120190 SST||12||208||33.7||103||174||251/66.3||124||5||2||1 1/2–25||26|
|120270 PVT||10||292||33.8||144||145||351/92.7||173||5||2||1 1/2–25||22|
|120270 SST||12||292||33.8||144||174||351/92.7||173||5||2||1 1/2–25||26|
|120330 PVT*||10||365||33.8||180||–||–||5||2||1 1/2–25||22|
|120330 SST*||12||365||33.8||180||–||–||5||2||1 1/2–25||26|
Performance data for TTT, see type PVT
* only available for 50 Hz.
** DN32 plate valves with valve spring
Materials in Contact With the Medium
|DN 25 ball valves||DN 32 plate valves|
|Material||Seals||Suction/pressure connector on dosing head||Valve balls||Valve seats||Suction/pressure connector on dosing head||Valve plates/valve springs||Valve seats||Integral relief valve|
|PVT||PTFE||PVDF||Glass||PTFE**||PVDF||Ceramic/ Hast C. + CTFE*||PTFE||PVDF/FKM or EPDM|
|SST||PTFE||Stainless steel 1.4581||Stainless steel 1.4404||PTFE**||Stainless steel 1.4581||Stainless steel 1.4404/ Hast. C||PTFE||Stainless steel/FKM or EPDM|
|TTT***||PTFE||PTFE + 25% carbon||Ceramic||PTFE**||PVDF||Ceramic/ Hast C. + CTFE*||PTFE||–|
|*||The valve spring is coated with CTFE (resistance similar to PTFE)|
|**||On design "F", the ball seat is made of PVDF, only for DN 25 ball valves|
|***||Specifically for areas at risk from explosion DN25: PTFE + 25% carbon; DN32 plate valves: PVDF|
|Identity code specification||Power supply||Δ/Y||Remarks|
|S||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V|
250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|T||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V|
250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V
|0.37 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|R||3-phase, IP 55||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.55 kW||with PTC, speed adjustment range 1:20 with external fan (1-phase 230 V; 50/60Hz, 134 W)|
|M||1-phase AC, IP 55||230 V ± 5 %||50/60 Hz||0.55 kW|
|N||1-phase AC, IP 55||115 V ± 5 %||60 Hz||0.55 kW|
|L1||3-phase, II2GExellT3||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.37 kW|
|L2||3-phase, II2GExdllCT4||220 – 240 V/380 – 420 V||50 Hz||0.37 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|P1||3-phase, II2GExellT3||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.37 kW|
|P2||3-phase, II2GExdllCT4||250 – 280 V/440 – 480 V||60 Hz||0.37 kW||with PTC, speed control range 1:5|
|V2||3-phase, II2GExdllCT4||400 V ± 10 %||50/60 Hz||0.55 kW||Ex-variable speed motor with integrated frequency converter. Mains feed: 3-phase + neutral + earth, adjustment range 1:10|
Motor data sheets can be requested for more information. Special motors or special motor flanges are available on request.
Motors for Sigma basic pumps are available on request.
Motors less than 0.75 kW and motors designed for speed-controllable operation are not subject to the IE3 standard in compliance with the Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC.
Information for use in areas at risk from explosion
Only use pumps with the appropriate labelling in line with the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU in premises at risk from explosion. Ensure that the explosion group, category and degree of protection specified on the label corresponds to or is better than the conditions prevalent in the intended field of application.
Downloads for Motor-Driven Metering Pump Sigma/ 3 (Basic Type)
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.